Digital two-way radio offers many advantages over analog, including improved voice quality at greater range, improved battery life in portable devices, better privacy, sophisticated call-control features, the ability to easily integrate with data systems, and more.Â Some of the key features of digital radio include:
- More effective use of your licensed RF spectrum
- More efficient power consumption to enhance battery life in portable devices.
- Combination of voice and data in the same device.
- Combination of analog and digital voice in the same device (and the ability to switch between them when needed).
- Strong privacy solutions without significant loss in voice quality that analog scrambling can cause.
- Forward compatibility enables digital to adapt more readily to evolving requirements.
- Constant development of new applications results in the ability to continuously upgrade the functionality of your two way radio system.
The clear advantages of digital radio â€” along with increasing pressures from Industry Canada to use RF spectrum more efficiently â€” will drive widespread adoption of professional two way digital radio solutions in the coming years. Now is the time to research the available technologies so that when youâ€™re ready to make the move youâ€™ll choose systems that provide the greatest benefit over the long term.
The popularity of two-way radios has continued to soar in industries such as agriculture, construction, education, government, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, oil and gas, transportation, warehouse and operations, security, utilities, retail, mining, law enforcement, fire & EMS, recreation, and more!